Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

I think the problem is with the data itself. My Database table (with
charset as utf8) contains "’" which I think is encoded improperly. Since
I know the source of problem(Not using utf8 as encoding when using mysql
gem), I could easily change the data (converting improerly encoded data
like "’" to "’") to work with any of mysql (with encoding=utf8) & mysql2
gems.

Can you please help me better understand what "encoding=utf8" does? Because
I am thinking of using it, with mysql2 gem, just to be safe.

Cheers,
Satya