Hi,

I've got a docker image containing postgres that I start up with a few
others images that attempt to connect to it.  Occasionally the postgresql
DB hasn't started and I see the following errors:

Sequel::DatabaseConnectionError: PG::ConnectionBad: could not connect to
server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "db" (172.18.0.2) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I know that the DB will be starting and that a few connection retries with
backoff (max a few seconds) would be sufficient.  However it looks like I
would have to trap this exception myself!

Otherwise from reading the code it seems like I could turn off the
connection test and configure the adapter for retries is there a better way?

Jerome

--

This email and any attached files, is confidential. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from