Hi Jeremy,

Sorry about that. I misunderstood on what you need.

Here is the SQL statement
SELECT NAME,
       dates,
       source
FROM   (SELECT NAME,
               a_date,
               b_date,
               c_date
        FROM   test
        WHERE  NAME = 'TOM') AS p1
       UNPIVOT ( dates
               FOR source IN (a_date,
                              b_date,
                              c_date) ) AS p2;

so what I want is to have "p1" come from Sequel::Dataset (ie: Test.toms,
Test.joes, etc) instead of hard code it into this SQL statement.

thank you Jeremy.

Kenneth