On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 1:32:19 PM UTC-8, Ben Alavi wrote:

> Oh yeah good point, hadn't considered that. I'll look into adding an
> option based on how they are used elsewhere.
>
> In that case should it also emit a deprecation for the current behavior
> when given a qualified identifier?

It's probably too soon to add a deprecation warning.  I'm not positive that
the default behavior will change, I'll make that decision closer to the
release of Sequel 6 (which is probably at least 3 years from now).

> And would it also need an option for the future to restore the original
> behavior? Or would it be minor enough to just drop it altogether?

At this point, I don't think so.  If we add the deprecation warning, we
might support an option keep the current behavior, in which case it can be
added at that point.

Thanks,
Jeremy