ISIS, Not Russia, Is the Enemy in Syria

Patrick J. Buchanan

... Last week, too, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Marine Gen. Joseph
Dunford, warned that creating a "no-fly zone" in Syria could mean war - with
Russia ... The time has come to recognize and accept reality. While the U.S.
and its Turkish, Kurdish and Sunni allies, working with the Assad coalition
of Russia, Hezbollah and the Iranians, can crush ISIS and al-Qaida in Syria,
we cannot defeat the Assad coalition - not without risking a world war. And
Congress would never authorize such a war, nor would the American people
sustain it ... Time to stop the killing, stop the carnage, stop the war and
get the best terms for peace we can get. For continuing this war, when the
prospects of victory are nil, raises its own question of morality

"serbia" group.
To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit