ISIS, Not Russia, Is the Enemy in Syria

Patrick J. Buchanan

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001CsJgDTDrpPDrs2XIgQAOi8XXVnVY3Gei2SEcUTnU_3lP
Cbu2jvjUaRVdIob8xacKbCO0GGH-DvkULTu5b9x6tahn_eZ8FrlNjJsW6k4xSJkddOcHvKzoVixX
WvSSWR1BklMq8y3YYyi12nfQDbnY111Ar6pV8xIM6M35HwHKfMcpMWKoWOaWoN8dbT65qRpv_aVT
6O1s72YR74uPz0MGLSdcJ3QNCeT1&c=y34lfaG_4zHNwI51Qc6M2DQgqc4lXREJhkAq2r4kDHBkP
uEQIKmcKQ==&ch=YkJ3u02QYwBjGf-OmRLSRqJGxmceJTCFyvbqrLQXQVqkaItIAEw_Cg==>
http://buchanan.org/blog/isis-not-russia-enemy-syria-125800

... Last week, too, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Marine Gen. Joseph
Dunford, warned that creating a "no-fly zone" in Syria could mean war - with
Russia ... The time has come to recognize and accept reality. While the U.S.
and its Turkish, Kurdish and Sunni allies, working with the Assad coalition
of Russia, Hezbollah and the Iranians, can crush ISIS and al-Qaida in Syria,
we cannot defeat the Assad coalition - not without risking a world war. And
Congress would never authorize such a war, nor would the American people
sustain it ... Time to stop the killing, stop the carnage, stop the war and
get the best terms for peace we can get. For continuing this war, when the
prospects of victory are nil, raises its own question of morality