b92.net
<https://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2018&mm=02&dd=08&nav_id=103452>

Defense minister says Vucic will be "welcomed by Ustashas" - PoliticsEnglish

6-8 minutes

  _____

Croatian politicians are reacting to Aleksandar Vulin, who says President
Aleksandar Vucic will be "welcomed by Ustashas" when he visits Croatia.

Izvor: B92 Thursday, February 8, 2018 | 15:30

(Tanjug, file)

Vulin, Serbia's defense minister, also said that he was "not sure that
Ustashism was making a return in Croatia - because Ustashism and Ustashas never
left Croatia's politics and public life."

The Ustasha regime was in power in the Independent State of Croatia (NDH), a
Nazi allied WW2 entity that operated death camps for Serbs, Jews, and Roma.

Speaking for Pink TV, Vulin repeated that he was against Vucic's visit to
Zagreb next week:

"I said I thought he shouldn't go there, he made a decision and there's nothing
left to debate. Look how they will welcome him - Ustashas will gather in
squares and demonstrate against his visit, as if he begged to come, as if his
visit could bring some evil."

"It can only bring good," the minister continued. "What can you say to people
like that. Because he's a Serb who has the courage to say, 'we are Serbs and we
have our interests, and we will defend the Serbs who live in the area of
Croatia, and don't be joyful, you won't be repeating (Operation) Storm' - for
that they call him arrogant and that's why he's the worst."

Soon after, reactions started arriving from Zagreb.

"That's a statement that certainly does not contribute to a positive
environment that should be related to Serbian President Vucic's visit,"
Croatian parliament speaker Gordan Jadronkovic said, according to Croatian
website Dnevnik.

"These are signals that are destructive and can ruin all the efforts that have
been made so far for the meeting (between presidents) to happen at all, and for
it to produce a certain positive result. It is a job that the president of
Serbia himself should do because Vulin is his close associate - he should tell
his associates to watch what they're saying," Jadronkovic added.

The head of the HDZ parliamentary club, Branko Bacic, said that Vucic should
have reacted "to the mythomanic statements" coming from "his ministers Dacic
and Vulin."