On Friday 18 June 2004 03:47, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> OK guys, James 2.2.0 is released.  That's it from me for probably the next
> week or so.  I have something next week that I really must focus on.  After
> that, I'll get onto the branch merger.
>
> Conjectured Roadmap:
>
>   Release James X (2.3, 3.0, don't care) based upon
>   the merged code with contemporary Avalon code.
>
>   Start to add features.
>
> I have two immediate feature changes I want to make, post-merger.  One is a
> "hack" related to JavaMail that should dramatically improve footprint and
> performance in two key locations in the code.  Basically, I want to
> convince JavaMail that the message content should be shared and streamed.
> The second is in-process processor support for the SMTP handler.
>
> Comments/criticisms/concerns?

Sounds great!

My work list is as follows:
  - allowing RemoteDelivery to use SMTP-SSL (port 465)
  - support for STARTTLS in SMTPHandler
  - handling source routes by stripping them
  - RemoteDelivery uses HELO not EHLO, due to a bug in JavaMail back in 2001,
so I believe it is time to revisit that.

--Søren

>       --- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager             Phone:  +45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S     Fax:    +45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12           Direct: +45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj          Email:  soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com