Hi all,

we at JAMES use MINA since a while now for our socket stuff. After
doing some stress tests we encountered some OOM Exceptions. The same
was seen by one of our users which use JAMES trunk. After debugging
stuff it seems like the cause of the OOM is MINA. We took some heap
which shows that MINA is takin the most memory. The class which shows
the memory usage was:

org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter$EncodedWriteRequest

I attach the screnshots which shows the problem. Any idea ? We are
using MINA-2.0.0-RC1.

Maybe I'm wrong and the whole OOM is not related to MINA at all..

Thanks,
Norman

Ps: Please keep server-dev in the cc