Hi all,

due the last weeks we encountered some problems realted to memory
usage etc. To see if the problem is within MINA (or our usage of
MINA), I wrote a socket implementation using NETTY
(http://www.jboss.org/netty). Since the release of NETTY 3.x its
license under the ASL2. The Framework is written by Trustin Lee which
was one of the main authors of MINA, before he dedicited to leave the
project.

Now it seems like MINA it self is not the problem with the OOM. It
seems it was caused by some infinity loop which was caused by some
"bad" usage ( but I still  think it should not happen if MINA would be
a bit smarter about this...). Anyway after more tests it seems like
NETTY just performs better in terms of CPU and Memory. I would even
say its "better" maintained..

I know all the "eat you own dogfood" voices, but I would like to just
remove all the MINA code and only use NETTY.

Thoughts ?

Bye,
Norman