Hi,

I also personally found that the 2 mentioned goals would be fine before 3.0 release:
1.- Migrate "imap" projects/packages to "store" and "protocol".
2.- Uniform the current apache-... james-...  namings.

And, yes, in the middle-term, it would be much cleaner.
Now, when you talk about "apache-james-imap-store", you need to translate "the project responsible to access the different mail stores".
During some time, I was really confused about this.

On the other hand, mailet and jsieve projects are just released with current naming and the amount of work to migrate/rename is really huge without any user functionality counterpart.

As Tim, I was also asking-party for a migration and uniform naming.
But I just feel now that we should concentrate on releasing 3.0, trying to find and solve bugs in trunk.
If we release, we should have more users, helping us to solve issues.

The migration and renaming could be strong goals for 3.1 in a near future.

Maybe we should in priority have a list of JIRA still to solve before releasing. I also find that the website documentation needs some urgent updates ("how to setup and use james 3.0").

Tks,

Eric