Hi,

I've looking again at this thread and I see strong arguments over a
technical issue.

The proposal in question is whether we should add a configuration switch
to OPT-IN/OUT of a large, useful dependency.

This is a technical decision that has implications mostly for users and
less for developers - since the code seems simple to follow.

@Matthieu: To me it appears like this:

- It means that users can do it via a configuration switch, if they
chose too.

- It does not mean it should be disabled by default ( it's for another
discussion)

- The configuration code looks easy to maintain

Let's leave what users will want or not out of the discussion since we
can't speak for them anyway.

We can only say what we would do as users or what the users we worked
with already did.

Looking at the code size and changes for this feature and the benefits
of having the option to disable search (faster initial setup, solution
for niche use-cases ) I think the PR can be merged.

La 23.06.2020 11:38, Matthieu Baechler a scris: