Hi!

Please take a look at this image:

  —> https://james.apache.org/images/james-smtp-relay.png

I have several questions. 😀

First, is it correct to say that in this image, the “SMTP Service” is an MTA?
Furthermore, is it correct to say that it’s the “terminal” MTA?

How does the mail get forwarded from the SMTP server to the Mail Queue? Would
that be via LMTP? Or something else?

How does the mail get transferred from the queue to the spooler? And by the
way, what the heck is the difference between the queue and the spooler??

After that, the part about the Mailet Container I think makes sense to me, but
everything up to the point is not clear at all, at least not to me.

Thanks as always for helping me understand!

Cheers,
=David