> I would love to see this happening but I fail at seeing progress on the
> Apache level CI for several months already.

thanks for clarifying the context :/

 Correlating things together would likely lead to getting nothing done.

Indeed

> I am not sure where  other apache projects source the machines
>
> running the CI but at least https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart
> > seems to have access to some serious compute power...
>
> INFRA is by default not powerful (likely not enough). A way out is
> "donating computing power for dedicated project builds".
>
> Hence we would need some individual/organization donating computing
> power to the Apache foundation for Apache James usage.
>
> I like the idea, and I would be happy to defend the idea within
> Linagora, but I need a working build on Apache infra first. Likely it
> would be a few "dedicated servers", but it would also need internal
> validation.

I have asked a friend who may be able to help, I also found
https://www.scaleway.com/en/about-us/open-source-program/ which seems
promising. It starts by sending an email to opensource-prog...@scaleway.com
Scaleway is where I intend to run my SMTP relay (using my own compute
resources) once it is finished assembling, I started working on a helm
chart that's deployed on scaleway Kapsule.
Once it works reasonably well, I intend to contribute it back to
james/apache but that's gonna take a while

Jean