> Following the 3.6.0 release I experimented with dockerhub and pushed the
> following images:

 THANK YOU ! (yes with caps because that's how grateful I am !)

I also propose to timely edit the existing configuration to:
>  - No longer use linagora repository for Apache James docker images
> distribution

 - Only rely on released docker images (no longer branch master) to
> better fit in Apache release policies

I saw the corresponding PR :+1:

> To be fairly honest building these images took me too much time. I would
> highly appreciate automation of docker images construction as part of
> the maven build. A way to do it is JIB. [1]

That's what I used to build my pure SMTP relay server assembly, it's being
polished but jib works great :)

demonstrate building a james
> server image variation for a tierce project so I propose to do something
> similar, except without requiring a docker daemon. It includes CLI,
> glowroot, etc... We had been using this JIB generated image on
> production without problems. I propose we target something similar for
> James docker image generation. As part of the release process we would
> then need to load, then push the maven build results. This would lead to
> the removal of /dockerfiles folder (more or less).

Since  docker images are not considered release artifacts under apache
policy (if I understand correctly) would it make sense to try and fully
automate the image building post release ?
add a piece to the jenkinsfile that monitors only tags, and builds the jib
image downloading the artifacts from maven central