Hi All:

Here is a quick howto:

        Grab a usb flash drive, I chose a superstore core micro 2gb cost $11.19
cdn, no endorsement just the closest to my house.

        Insert the drive in to the usb port, mine became usb0 on the desktop,
which is sdb1 in /dev. umount it, umount /dev/sdb1.

        toggle the bootable flag with fdisk, umount again.

        grab: http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/mkusbinstall

        run my mkusbinstall with: mkusbinstall <path/to/iso> /dev/path

This creates a boot-able usb-drive based on the boot-able iso filename
that was given. If you used a stock fedora boot.iso as the source, you
could now boot the flash drive and do any installs except for harddrive
based installs. To preform a "usb drive" based install you would need to
use disc1 as the source and then copy over disc2-5 to the /iso on the
drive. Patches welcome to enable an auto copy of the rest.

With the kickstart file that I use, only about 500 packages are used by
on disc1 and disc2, so I get away with the 2gb drive. If your usb size
is large enough and have a filesystem to support it, I see no reason
that you couldn't use the whole set, or use a dvd as the source.

For XS, the plan is for one cd sized install disk so this should be no
issue then. Just curious if pungi has to produces an iso that is larger
that a cd then this should work anyway. Just can't burn the image to
cdrom, just now it's a "dvd.iso" but still loopback mountable right?
I'll play around later...

Jerry