From: server-devel-boun...@lists.laptop.org
[mailto:server-devel-boun...@lists.laptop.org] On Behalf Of Reuben K. Caron
Sent: Tuesday, 10 March 2009 11:29 PM
To: Daniel Drake
Cc: server-devel
Subject: Re: [Server-devel] Serving 400+ students w/ a single central XS -
ejabberd nightmare?

Daniel Drake wrote:

2009/3/9 Bryan Berry  <mailto:br...@olenepal.org> <br...@olenepal.org>:

We will have roughly 8+ AP's. We have found that off-the-shelf AP's can
handle around 60-70 users.  But that doesn't still doesn't solve the
problem of the XO's getting bogged down by tons of ejabberd chatter.

DSD: do you have any ideas about this?

Have only had a chance to test numbers on Linksys WRT54Gsomething
routers, which stop accepting new connections after 33 users. yay.

Have you tried loading a different firmware on these, dd-wrt?