Hi Ray,

welcome to the list! Questions for debugging...

- Did you follow the steps that include (among other things) running
domain_config? Make sure you follow
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software carefully, there are
steps to follow after the "installer" program is done.

- Once that's done, what happens with the diagnostics commands
suggested here?
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration#Presence_Service_.28ejabberd.29_Troubleshooting

cheers,

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:48 AM,  <r...@apc.edu.ph> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed XS 0.6 a few days ago (following instructions forwarded to me by
> Cherry Withers) but only recently got an AP (Linksys WRT160NL) and only last
> night got wireless working with SOAS Blueberry on an MSI Wind U100 netbook.
>
> This morning I attempted to connect to the XS from the netbook.  But while
> booting the XS I saw the following message on the screen:
>   Starting ejabberd: hostname: Unknown host
>   Domain changed -- restart to enable ejabberd
>
> Running "ejabberdctl status"
> results in the message
> "RPC failed on the node ejabb...@schoolserver: nodedown"
>
> while "ejabberdctl start"
> causes a crash, creating a file /var/log/ejaberrd/erl_crash_<timestamp>.dump
>
> (the latest of which is attached to this message).
>
> I have been following the thread
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2009-December/004402.html
> but that appears to be adifferent case.
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

 martin.langh...@gmail.com
 mar...@laptop.org -- School Server Architect