I just discovered my SpamAssassin flow is not working correctly. The more I researched it, the more I can't figure out what is correct (James 3). In the sample conf, there is the <mailet> for SpamAssassin. But there are no matchers after it to check the X-Spam-Status header and route it based on threshold. The next comment says something like 'send remaining mails to....'. This implies that SpamAssassin somehow eats the mail it determines is spam. But I don't see that in the SpamAssassin.java mailet source code.

Basically what I expected to see was some sort of matcher that looked at the SpamAssassin header: X-Spam-Status=Yes, hits=24.0 required=5.0 and routed based on Yes/No in the header. But there is no matcher following the SpamAssassin mailet.

I know I'm missing something obvious. What is happening here that I'm not seeing? And what is the correct way to route to a Spam processor if the header is a 'YES'?

Thanks.