Hi Alexandr,

Le 23/11/2016 à 20:02, Alexandr Porunov a écrit :
Hello,

I am new to Apache James. I want to know if it is possible to add a custom
storage logic to James. I want to store my emails in Hbase and OpenStack
Swift in a convenient way.

I.e. all users' email metadata will be stored in Hbase (and small email
bodies) and all big email bodies will be stored in OpenStack Swift.
James 3 defines a mailbox-api for this exact need : you just have to implement mailbox-api interfaces and do some guice or spring wiring and everything is supposed to be ok.

It's definitely not an easy task but you would be guided by some contrat test suites for interfaces you have to implement.

Please note that there's already an implementation of hbase for mailboxes : https://github.com/linagora/james-project/tree/master/mailbox/hbase

It's not the most recent and the most supported mailbox implementation out there, but it's probably a good start for what you want.

Feel free to ask questions about that along your way.

Regards,

--
Matthieu Baechler