Hi,

Le 2018-10-30 17:34, Marc Chamberlin a écrit :
Hi Raphael, and thanks for replying...  What I mean by mail list is
exactly the same as what is being used here for the James
server-user@james.apache.org mail list. It is a mail list service run on the Apache-James server and allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe at will, or through a moderator(s), to the lists. When someone posts to the
mail list address all currently subscribed users receive the posting as
an email. Optionally the list allows for a moderator to preview and
accept postings for publication. The email list should also allow for
open publications where anyone (subscribed or unsubscribed) can post to
the group, or for closed publication where only subscribed users can post.

You are right, it seems we lost the appropriate documentation about this when releasing the 3.0:
http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.0/mailing_lists.html

Can you check if it is still working? Of course contributing documentation (and even integration tests) on this feature is very welcome!

I would be very surprised (stunned actually, LOL) if the Apache James
email server is not being used to support this and all the other Apache
projects mail lists, but I just don't seem to be finding any
documentation on how to do it with the latest version >3.0 of the James
server.

Usually there are external software for handling this (Mailman, Sympa are well known), but it's so easy to handle this with James ^^

Regards,
Raphaël Ouazana.