I'm trying to build the latest stable James 3.3.0 in Eclipse.

-- The link to the 3.3.0 source zip on the downloads page is dead (https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/james/server/3.3.0/james-server-sources-3.3.0.zip)

-- I figured out the correct link: http://mirrors.gigenet.com/apache/james/server/3.3.0/james-project-3.3.0-src.zip and downloaded the zip.  But the zip contains ONLY the primary source files and no pom.xml, etc files.

-- I finally went to git and downloaded a zip that contained everything.

-- But the fun just kept happening... I tried to import the project into Eclipse, but got over 500 errors.   A large chunk of these errors was that every pom file has an invalid or missing a "dotGit" folder name.

-- Also, I tried following the instructions here: http://mirrors.gigenet.com/apache/james/server/3.3.0/james-project-3.3.0-src.zip -- In the section titled "prepare projects" it says to copy files from: server/container/spring/src/main/config/james and from server/container/src/main/config/james Apparently, the folder structures have completely changed since that was written.  Neither of those folder exist, and it wasn't obvious where they moved to.

-- I know enough about eclipse to get by.  I know nothing about maven (and for now would like to keep it as close to that way as possible).  I just want to add a few tweaks to James 3.3 that I added back in v3b5 and get the latest james into production.  I'm sure there's something missing or some setting wrong in Eclipse or in the Maven plug-in.  I did a complete clean install of Eclipse (Java EE version) and Maven on a different machine just to make sure there were no issues with my original Eclipse.  No change.

Any help on resolving the hundreds of import errors and where to find all of these files that have moved since the instructions were written will be appreciated.   I'm at a total loss.  I really just need to get this thing to build.

Thanks.

Jerry