>What does this have to do with my sending domain? v6 is configured on my
>sending domain but that shouldn't matter anyway.

Well it could be, although in your case (scoopta.email?) I don't think it is.

Another possibility is that it's a linode issue?

And as it happens I have a linode VM which is currently mailing only a single
daily system report to a gmail address and I notice that gmail is checking the
ipv4 SPF and that's actually not what I would have expected.

In this instance there is no james involvement, but as I said, I would have
expected this to go over ipv6. I don't especially care and in the past when
things definitely were going over ipv6, I've had problems with the linode ipv6
address being in a blocklist - definitely not from anything I've done of course
:-)

Incidentally, I found it impossible to get the ipv6 address out of this block
list and I wondered at the time if whole ipv6 ranges got blacklisted due to
naughtiness from a single address. At the time I solved the problem by stopping
ipv6 in exim4, but that config is not in place at the moment.

So maybe a linode issue?

--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org