Yes, SPF, DKIM but also DKIM spam handling is techie topic for "Self
Hosting" use case.

Having a bit more doc regarding that could be nice too.

On the new documentation [1] we would benefit from having a "setting up
SPF & DKIM" section

[1]
https://github.com/apache/james-project/tree/master/docs/modules/servers/pages/distributed/configure

Cheers,