>Hello --
>
>I'd like to upgrade a James instance (Spring wiring) from 3.3.0 to 3.8.1.
>The 3.3.0 instance uses the standard embedded Derby database.  To migrate
>the data, can I simply copy the existing Derby database to the new 3.8.1
>directory?  If not, what is the procedure for upgrading?

I think so; I'm basing this on experience with Derby and another application
(ie James not involved). But I believe my experience is backed up by the Derby
mission statement, claiming that the database directory can be simply
coy/pasted as required. That is my experience anyway.

--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org