From:   "David Matthews" <m...@dmatthews.org.INVALID>
To:     "James Users List" <server-user@james.apache.org>
Date:   04/18/2024 08:56 AM
Subject:        Re: Migrating database -- James 3.3.0 to 3.8.1

>Hello --
>
>I'd like to upgrade a James instance (Spring wiring) from 3.3.0 to 3.8.1.

>The 3.3.0 instance uses the standard embedded Derby database.  To migrate

>the data, can I simply copy the existing Derby database to the new 3.8.1
>directory?  If not, what is the procedure for upgrading?

I think so; I'm basing this on experience with Derby and another
application (ie James not involved). But I believe my experience is backed
up by the Derby mission statement, claiming that the database directory
can be simply coy/pasted as required. That is my experience anyway.

--
David Matthews
m...@dmatthews.org