Thank you for the feedback.

Updated fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~amenkov/can_generate_class_hook/webrev.03/

--alex

On 02/02/2018 11:18, Mikhailo Seledtsov wrote:
Hi Alex,

   Several test-related comments:
   - CanGenerateAllClassHook.java
      " 44  * So the test runs 2 java process": s/process/process*es*/

   - CanGenerateAllClassHook.java
     A general comment - please consider using "TestCommon" class and "CDSTestUtils" where possible.      There are useful methods for forming ProcessBuilder with parameters specific to AppCDS, and also for checking results.      In some cases the test case is so custom that use of these utilities is not applicable.      Please take a look at ClassFileLoadHookTest.java as an example. It uses TestCommon.executeAndLog(),      TestCommon.checkExec() and more. Other good examples are SharedArchiveFile.java, HelloExtTest.java or other tests under
      appcds directory.

     Important to note a condition of "mapping failure". When using CDS/AppCDS      with Xshare:on, the mapping of a CDS archive to memory may fail at random (due to ASLR or other conditions).      TestCommon.checkExec() handles such conditions propertly, otherwise you will have random/intermittent test failures.

   - CanGenerateAllClassHook.java

     122     private static boolean isWin() {

     I recommend using jdk.test.lib.Platform, the isWindows() method. The SQE guideline is to use test utilities where possible.
      FYI, the test utilities reside in: open/test/lib/jdk/test/lib

The rest of the tests look good,

Thank you,
Misha