Hi Egor,

[adding jdk8u-dev, which is where 8u backports are discussed]

I think major.minor changed from 1.8 to 9.0, although I haven't found the code to confirm that yet. I'm assuming this because of the following code:

    public boolean canGetModuleInfo() {
        validateVM();
        return versionInfo().jdwpMajor >= 9;
    }

Given that, your changes look correct. I'm not an 8u reviewer. You'll need to get the official ok from someone on the 8u list.

thanks,

Chris