On 14/02/2018 3:11 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
David,
When I wrote these tests, I looked for the output generated by these commands.
The output I saw was same (across windows, mac, linux) and hence grepped for
certain strings from it.
Now we are seeing some issues where depending on the hardware we are at
different execution point and hence some of the strings are changing.  So now I
am removing such strings from the test.
The main intention of these tests are to check the basic sanity that the SA
command is working.

Ok. But based on "In interpreter codelet" I would expect this would fail if run in -Xcomp mode ??

Sharath

-----Original Message-----
From: David Holmes
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:38 AM
To: Sharath Ballal; serviceability-dev
Subject: Re: RFR: JDK-8196930 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFindPC.java
fails to find expected output

Hi Sharath,

On 12/02/2018 7:12 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
Hello,

Requesting reviews for the issue:

ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8196930

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8196930/webrev.00/

I've no doubt this makes the test pass, but I always have to wonder with these
tests: why was it looking for the thing now removed? what changed (or in what
way was the expected output invalid) to make the test fail?

Tests run: The SA tests pass with Mach5.

Thanks,

Sharath