On 14/02/2018 3:29 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: David Holmes
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:53 AM
To: Sharath Ballal; serviceability-dev
Subject: Re: RFR: JDK-8196930 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFindPC.java
fails to find expected output

On 14/02/2018 3:11 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
David,
When I wrote these tests, I looked for the output generated by these commands.
The output I saw was same (across windows, mac, linux) and hence grepped for
certain strings from it.
Now we are seeing some issues where depending on the hardware we are at
different execution point and hence some of the strings are changing.  So now I
am removing such strings from the test.
The main intention of these tests are to check the basic sanity that the SA
command is working.

Ok. But based on "In interpreter codelet" I would expect this would fail if run
in -Xcomp mode ??
This test works in both Xcomp and Xint mode.  "In interpreter codelet" is being checked
for Xint, for Xcomp we are checking "In code in NMethod for
jdk/test/lib/apps/LingeredApp.main"

Yep sorry - missed that bit.

David

Thanks,