On 2019/10/17 9:34, David Holmes wrote:
On 17/10/2019 10:07 am, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Hi Yasumasa,

It looks good.
One tip:

+ // This code would be warned as "stringop-truncation" by GCC 8 or later.
+PRAGMA_DIAG_PUSH
+PRAGMA_STRINGOP_TRUNCATION_IGNORED
        strncpy(buf, str, len);
+PRAGMA_DIAG_POP

I'd suggest to place the comment before the line with strncopy().

I'd suggest just dropping the comment as it adds nothing, further gcc 8 is not
flagging this use of strncpy.

The comment is suggested in [1].
Indeed stringop-truncation warning was not reported by GCC 8, but this option
introduced in it,
and I agree with Ioi to add the comment for other developers why this #pragma
is needed.

Yasumasa

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2019-October/029578.html