On 10/20/06, Philip Dodds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the idea of sitting on a little-G or a stripped down Geronimo
sounds great and should allow us to re-use Geronimo for
JNDI/Transaction Managers etc

This is what Micro-G is all about. It's stripped down to only the
items required to run a kernel and the deployer and few other things
(e.g., RMI naming, transactions, logging, online-deployer and maybe a
few others IIRC). That way the user has a choice of what to install as
everything that gets installed is a Geronimo plugin.

This would provide yet another easy on-ramp for people to adopt it,
but we still need to show people how to get the services in their web
app exposed as web services via either SOAP or REST and I think that's
what servicemix-bean is all about, yeah?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/