I am planning on creating a standard JBI component for ehcache so that one
can easily deploy ehcache endpoints into ServiceMix and other JBI compliant
containers.  Here are some high level requirements that I think would be
useful for this component.  Please respond to this thread with any comments
are concerns.

1)  There should be a way to configure endpoints that when deployed create
actual Caches.  The endpoints should be able to have expressions associated
with them that can determine how the Cache matches information based off of
the Normalized Message.  So for example, if you have properties that need to
be a part of your key in the cache then you can use an expression to match
that.  If there is an XPath expression that needs to be matched, this can
also be used.

2)  I'm still not sure whether it makes sense to allow for a SU to configure
the CacheManager itself using the ehcache.xml configuration file.  The
benefit of this is that you leave the component to just worrying about
configuration files and not starting up any cachemanagers itself.  You will
also be able to create specialized cachemanager's with their associated
information on the fly.  I could see this as being beneficial.  However,
perhaps it's better to leave the Ehcache configuration specific to the
component itself.  That is to say that when you deploy the component it
loads up its already packaged ehcache.xml file which configures the
CacheManager.  If someone needs a different configuration they will have to
edit the one packaged with the component or go to JMX and update the values
stored there.

Regards,

Jeff