Hi Marko,

I looked at the document and I would have multiple patches to it; alas, I
don't have time to go through it with  the needed attention right now
because (as anticipated before the quarter) I have zero time to spend on
this.

Ops have some experience in running a cluster orchestration system in
production (for toollabs) and I have thought about it for quite some time
now; I have some ideas on how things should be done to have a decent,
manageable "elastic" environment with advantages for developers; I would
love to integrate your document with ideas/a more general vision about
production; this is probably not going to happen for at least one month
though.

Can we hold on before we declare this document to be "definitive"?

Also, can we stop calling it a "container-based" infrastructure? :) I
seriously think containers are little more than an implementation detail of
the general vision.

Cheers,

Giuseppe

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:28 PM, Marko Obrovac <mobro...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In light of the upcoming annual planning for the joint technology goal of
> having a shared container-based infrastructure, the Services team has
> started collecting requirements for the platform in terms of development,
> testing and operation of services (together with some other considerations
> like automation and configuration management)~[1]. Please take a look at
> the document and add/remove/improve/suggest as you see fit. Note that the
> document is to be considered only a draft at this point.
>
> Cheers,
> Marko
>
> [1] https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/document/d/
> 1QsCVooqxkeE6tKYTxgoRvRdK2M3tDk4UyvmnHJrdag4/edit?usp=sharing
>
> --
> Marko Obrovac, PhD
> Senior Services Engineer
> Wikimedia Foundation

Giuseppe Lavagetto, Ph.d.
Senior Technical Operations Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation