Hi Puneet ,

if you're using apache tomcat then the answer is quite simple :
use the invoker servlet .

quote :
"The invoker servlet lets you run servlets without first making changes to your Web application's deployment descriptor (i.e., the WEB-INF/web.xml file). Instead, you just drop your servlet into WEB-INF/classes and use the URL http://host/servlet/ServletName (or http://host/webAppName/servlet/ServletName once you start using your own Web applications; ..........). The invoker servlet is extremely convenient when you are learning and even when you are doing your initial development. But, as discussed in the book, you do not want it on at deployment time. ............ You almost certainly want to enable it when learning, but you should disable it again before deploying any real applications. "

you can find instructions on enabling it here.
http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/#Enable-Invoker

Best Regards,
Wei Cheng, Yeo
Software Engineer

11/16/2004 05:48 PM
Please respond to "A mailing list for discussion about Sun Microsystem's Java               Servlet API Technology."