Hello,

a couple of weeks ago I submitted an issue I had with qlogin/qrsh ... which
turned out to be caused by a quota restriction I had forgotten about.

I do however observe a sporadic issue with qlogin/qrsh ...

$ qlogin -l h=gpu-v100
Your job 1247919 ("QLOGIN") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 1247919 has been successfully scheduled.

Your interactive job 1247919 has been successfully scheduled.

^Cerror: error while waiting for builtin IJS connection: "got select timeout"

... this goes on forever until I type ctrl-C as I otherwise never get a prompt
- while qstat says I have a running job ...

$ qstat job-ID prior name user state submit/start at queue slots ja-task-ID -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1247919 0.25000 QLOGIN     sylvain      r     04/05/2018 11:12:10
gp...@gpu-v100.bic.mni.mcgill.     1

qrsh behaves the same except that it is silent.

If I try a different node, I get success, which suggetss it is perhaps a
configuration issue but I just can't get my head around it - any ideas on how
to troubleshoot this ? Or perhaps someone on this list has already faced this
issue ?

PS - just to be sure I disabled all quota restrictions

Sylvain

---
Sylvain Milot (sylv...@bic.mni.mcgill.ca)
              (sylvain.mi...@mcgill.ca)
Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
3801 University Street, Webster 2B, Room 206
Montreal, Qc., Canada, H3A 2B4
Phone  : (514) 398-4965, Fax: 398-8948
Mobile : (514) 712-1768
Office : Room NW119 (North Wing)