My 1985 T1 log car has been having more and more trouble getting started. It seems especially so when the fuel level is low. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, and I know I need one. :-) Here's the deal:

When the key has been off for a while, say a couple of minutes, if you remove the cap from the schrader valve and press in on the stem, fuel does not squirt out. Obviously this means that the fuel line is not staying pressurized when the engine is off, and would explain the hard starting. I have a 255lph Walboro pump ready to get installed, but I will likely not have time to drop the tank out of the car for a couple weeks at least.

My question is: Is the loss of pressure more likely failure of the fuel pressure regulator or of the anti-drainback valve in the tank plumbing?

I'd be so stoked if I could just replace the FPR and have the car start right up again like it used to-then I could install the new fuel pump at my convenience.

Thanks for reading!

Tyler Smith