I remember hearing about convertible kits for Daytonas, although I have never actually seen one, this looks like it could be one of those kits. The same company also used to make convertible kits the first generation RX-7's.. those looked a lot better (IMHO). Back in those days though I believe was 'cooler' to make your mini-truck into a convertible... since the shop I worked at did hundreds of mini-tracks, and one RX-7, and no Daytonas. I believe the rear lid is fiberglass, with a small trunk opening, if Chrysler had in fact done this the lid would have been considerably wider. Also Chrysler would have used a glass window as they have with most of their cars.

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: SD> Daytona convertible

Just saw this on e-bay anyone ever heard of such a thing?  Pretty wild.

Brett

Item number: 4559004855

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4559004855&category=6210

http://www.geocities.com/blhlfam/Bretts.html

Get Juno Platinum for as low as $6.95/month!
Visit http://www.juno.com/bestoffer to sign up today!