> Just saw this on e-bay anyone ever heard of such a thing?  Pretty wild.
>
> Brett
>
> Item number: 4559004855

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=455900485
5&category=6210

An older friend of mine that was into Shelby's when they were new saw a
convertible version of a Chrysler Laser being sold at a Dodge dealership in
central Florida when he was looking for a GLH. It looks nearly identicaI to
the ones in the pictures in the eBay ad.

I believe the story was that there were a number of them sent off to be
altered and they were going to see what kind of feedback they got.
Supposedly a local friend of mine knows someone who has one that he's wanted
to buy for years. Is it a factory "prototype"? I don't think so, nor is it
only 1 of 5. Here's some pretty cool pics he took of it in the mid 1980's.

http://www.geocities.com/unleashed_by_dave/ChryslerLaserConvertible1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/unleashed_by_dave/ChryslerLaserConvertible2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/unleashed_by_dave/ChryslerLaserConvertible3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/unleashed_by_dave/ChryslerLaserConvertible4.jpg