per state. lol
From: "David Salamone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hello, I asked a while ago to see if anyone has a 86 GLHS for sale and got
few offers but none in Florida so i'm trying again!

Looking for a 1986 GLH-S In Florida!! for $2-3k
I would highly recommend expanding your search area. The state of Florida
covers a lot of surface area (I live in Jacksonville myself) but real 1986
GLH-S Omni's are not commonly available here or in any part of the country.
If they were divided up evenly each state would only have ten cars.

Their level of desirability over the last few years has greatly increased
and I have the inside perspective nobody else has on what's the most common
Shelby Dodge's to be restored since I sell replacement stripe packages.

I'm very familiar firsthand with the Florida marketplace for numbered cars
and that price range would be about impossible. Maybe a more rural area up
north or out west, but for that price range it's going to be a fairly heavy
project that'll need extensive bodywork or missing a good number of hard to
find parts.

The fact is the 1986 GLH-S is the most sought after of all the numbered
cars, the one the big names in the classic automobile field deem as the best
future collectible potential and it's the least commonly put up for sale
(it's about a 10 to 1 ratio compared to 1987 GLH-S Chargers being put up for
sale).

If you wanted to stay in that price range you'll either need to do whole lot
of legwork following up rumors of backyard projects and find someone who is
completely unconnnected to the Shelby Dodge community like mailing lists or
car clubs. If the masses hear of good deal on an 1986 they'll grab it before
you get a chance.

The main ones available right now are in the $10,000 plus range for mint,
low mile original rides or more for the "better than new" full tilt
restoration/upgrade that the owner invested a much higher amount the parts
alone than he's asking to get out of it. Two amazing examples offhand belong
to Allan Quackenbush & Nick DeRoo.

If it's not the collectibility your desiring, then a 1986 GLH Turbo is alot
more accessible for that price range and can be easily built to perform
equally......

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
PO Box 441761