Dave,
I can offer this information having owned Shelby Dakota #2 and servicing
others when we delivered them new to customers and later for return  service.

This truck is not a Shelby Dakota just from the VIN alone. The '89 Shelbys
had VIN's that showed the correct engine application that year and the 8th
position of the VIN would have been the letter "Y" for a 318 V8 and not the "X"

that's there for the 3.9 V^ the truck has.

Cliff Ramsdell

In a message dated 1/20/2008 11:05:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,