You're on the right track, Roy.  It will most likely be the HEP, followed by
the
fuel pump.  They are supposed to hold pressure, but often do not.  A third
possibility is a bad logic module.  I have seen this particular failure a few
times before.  I would try the HEP, first.  The HEP is pretty much the ballast
resistor of this era of cars.  It can fail without notice, and you are stranded
when it does.  I would carry a spare in the trunk, anyway.