Are you working on a P body (sounds like it)?

If so, there's a neat trick that I learned that make this simple.  There is
a rubber window bump stop at the bottom of the middle of the door.  Remove
the rubber bump stop from the metal bracket and then bend the bracket down.
The window will not roll down far enough to get at the back 3 screws.

Jon Berube

My Haynes manual says I can remove the "belt moulding" (trim piece at the
bottom of the window) from the door, once I roll down the window.  When I
roll the window down, I can access the front two screws that hold the belt
molding in place, but not the back three.