>I think there may be a way around this.
>If you are willing to convert to an aftermarket power window kit.
>I have seen kits that convert to a power vertical lift, deleting the
>factory regulator.

Those kits will bypass cetain portions of the assembly (like the part that
rolls the window up and down) but the problem with mine is the portion that
holds the window in position. A power window kit (or retro fitting a factory
one) wouldn't fix my particular issue.

>Has anyone tried this on an Omni/Horizon?

I know in the 80's Carroll Shelby had one installed on one of his prototype
Shelby Chargers.

>Could you re-adhere the original piece using urethane windshield adhesive?

It's more complicated than that. I had a pretty good mechanic work on it for a
few weeks without lasting results.

David