On 4/20/2013 8:22 AM, Thomas Baltrusaitis II wrote:

>  I have a '94 Plymouth Caravan. It is the SWB with a 3.0L Mitsu in it.
 >  I got this van from my dad and it is totally rust free and has a
very clen interior.
 >  However, I have now blown the 2nd set of head gaskets on it with
197K on the clock.
 >  I do not want to invest a bunch into it just to get it running again.

Thomas,

You might want to consider transplanting a complete power train from a
3.3 Mini. It would be a more practical conversion and very easy to do. I
own several minis, 89 Caravan 2.5 Turbo, 89 Grand Caravan 3.0 LE, 94
dodge 3.3 GC, 94 Plymouth 3.8 GV LE (my daily driver), 95 Dodge 3.3 GC
(parts doaner), 2000 3.3 GC (Wife's DD). The 3.3's are super reliable,
The 3.8 is a very strong engine but harder to find.

I know a lot about minis, so feel free to contact me if you wish, for
more info. If you want to talk, email me a phone # and a time and I'll
call you.

LMK,

Wayne, (oldmoparguy)

No Spam here either.............

WD

> First, I too have noticed a lot of spam on here. But, it is what it is. I
> haven't seen many threads on here recently,

  so I thought I would start one. I have a '94 Plymouth Caravan. It is
the SWB with a 3.0L Mitsu in it.

I got this van from my dad and it is totally rust free and has a very
clen interior. However, I have now blown the 2nd set of head gaskets on
it with 197K on the clock. I do not want to invest a bunch into it just
to get it running again. BTW, anyone in the Detroit area want to do some
Mitsu rebuild work for cheap, let me know. Anyway, I doubt there will be
any takers, so I'm considering dropping in a 2.5L or even a World Gas
2.4L into this van. What I want to know from the crowd is which way
would be the least expensive in the long run. I would love to keep this
van because of the condition, but the current drivetrain is for crap. I
would keep it an auto for the family's sake, but a 4 banger with a
possible turbo would be sweet. If I got it going that way, I!
>    would add an IC and boost later on. Then, I would probably keep on keeping
> on with the Shelby Turbo crowd.

  Sonce I sold both of my Shelbys and got a '10 furious fuchsia
Challenger R/T, I have been fading away from TDs.

But, I will always have a soft spot for the cars and the really nice
folks surrounding them. Let me know your opinions,

thoughts, etc. Maybe there is a donor van with drivetrain parts that
would make this easier, if I use the old school 4 banger? Maybe someone
else has done this and went the World Gas route? Possibly like a
drivetrain swap out of a PT Cruiser turbo? I did invest in new shocks,
struts, wheel bearings, axles, and bought some pimped out wheels for the
TD bolt pattern out of a boneyard and put $800 worth of Goodyears on
them. So, I would at least like to wear those components out. Please ;et
me know your thoughts, opinions, etc. And again, anyone wanting to make
$1000 or so to do the head gaskets, let me know. Thanks.