Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to fix my shift linkage with the heim joint setup from Great Lakes Hotrods and I'm having trouble removing the pivot bracket bolted to the rear differential cover. It has the vertical pivot rod and bracket. They recommend that the pivot rod be welded to the bracket. I guess it comes loos sometimes?

I've gotten the three nuts off that attach it to the rear differential but the differential studs are so long that I can't get the bracket over the studs. It hits the rack and pinion. Any tricks to getting this bracket off?

Thanks in advance,

--
Edward Mazurek