Hello all,

Thanks for your constructive criticism about last term. It was a little
messy, and I didn't do my best. I will be more communicative and won't skip
on blog posts :")

Regarding this term, I need ideas for what to work on. What I'm currently
interested in is learning about the implemented algorithms and maybe
optimizing them if needed. But this is beyond the scope of my project, plus
I lack the mathematical background, so maybe not in this summer :")
I don't feel particularly passionate about any specific item of my original
proposal, but here is the list:
1. Immutable features:
- Subsets: I will come up with a PR for views soon (my mental image about
an approach I had in mind isn't pretty yet).
- Internal data access: Replacing 'get_feature_vector' and similar methods.
- Preprocessors: Should we have on the fly methods? Should they be dropped
from the features interface and depend instead on Transformer interface?
2. Stateless Distance API
3. Stateless Kernel API: The cached kernel bit is nearly finished.Then
there is the set of "optimization" methods like "init_optimization" and
"delete_optimization". Should be solvable using multiple inheritance (won't
be a problem with swig since it's not exposed).
4. StringFeatures cleanup: Replacing SGString (nearly finished). Replacing
raw pointers. Creating a new class for embedded string features.
5. SGObject Mixins: mutliple inheritance won't work. we could flatten the
inheritance, but it would require variadic templates to do properly, and it
doesn't work with swig.

If you have any other ideas however, I think I would probably prefer it :")

Thanks,
Ahmed Essam.