Hi Rob

For parallel iron shafts I would recommend you buy 0.373 and not 0.375 inch.
I find this works best for over 90% of the shafts and then the fit isn't
sloppy.
I run my drill press at 195 rpm, but I think RK has suggested even 150 - 200
rpm.
A lot of drill presses have 250 as their lowest speed so that is what most
people use.

When I reshaft GBB's I ream the bore-through when reshafting with steel
shaft.
The bottom portion of the bore-through is smaller dia than the hosel top
portion.
When you try to install a steel shaft it goes maybe 3/4 of the way down then
stops.
Since there is no hosel to clamp to I just use a battery 3/8 drill with wood
reamer.
Go through real slow and when you get near the tight fit it will go through
like butter.
Don't always have to use a drill press.  I would never use a drill bit +
hand as a vise.
I agree with TFlan, for woods use the Letter R (0.339 inch) reamer.

I asked RK once if I should buy straight flute or right hand flute.
He said buy right hand flute as first option, straight as 2nd option, but
never left hand.
The reamers are very inexpensive at Wholesale Tool.  Stock up on the 0.373
and 0.339 inch.

Thanks HarryS (Golf54.com)