Scott Ruckh wrote:
> I have the following in my logs.
>
> Src             Dest            Proto   Sport   Dport   Date
> Log Prefix
> a.b.c.d  239.255.67.250  udp     48421   16680   10/14/06 21:47
> Shorewall:inet2all:DROP:
>
> The source IP address is my ISP assigned address on my 'net' interface.
>
> Why do I have inet2all DROP log messages where the source IP is my 'net'
> interface?
>
> If the DROP was because the DEST IP address was my ISP assigned address
> that would make sense to me, but in this case I am not understanding what
> is going on.
>
> I hope this type of question does not warrant all the stuff mentioned in
> the shorewall help documentation.  If it does, I apologize.

There isn't enough here for me to answer the question. At the very least, I need
 to:

a) See the original log message, not one that's been put through a
report-generation tool. Information like the IN and OUT interfaces are missing
from what you sent.
b) Understand the physical topology of the network.
c) Understand the definitions of the zones involved (do you really have both
'net' and 'inet' zones?).
d) Understand your routing.

Sorry,
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net