Kurt Krueckeberg wrote:
> I have a Virtuozzo virtual private server running Debian Sarge. I have
> Shorewall 3.0.7 installed. I am getting the following error when I start
> shorewall:
> ERROR: Command "/sbin/iptables -A Drop -p tcp -j dropNotSyn" Failed
>
> I have attached trace.gz

This appears to be an iptables problem (note the "iptables: Invalid argument"
message being issued to standard error) -- there is nothing wrong with the
iptables command that is failing. Shorewall 3.0.7 has been available on Debian
since the spring and to my knowledge no one has reported any problem like this
before (most iptables problems with Debian concern an incompatibility of Debian
iptables 1.3.5 with the Debian 2.6.16 and later kernels).

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]