Thanks for the response, Simon.  Like everyone else in the world, it's Time
Warner service.  It's all negotiated over DHCP/DHCPv6. Do I need to unblock
something for RA services perhaps?  I found that I can get things working
by taking the steps of hooking a Windows machine up first, grabbing the
default IPv6 gateway.  Tried asking TWC support about all this and they
blamed my modem, saying "your modem is showing an IPv6 address" "talk to
your modem manufacturer." Worst answer I've ever received from them ever.

So I adding that address as a hard-coded gateway in the shorewall/providers
configuration.  I basically followed the multi-isp directions and skipped
the multi part of it.  Seems functional, for now.

So, I can get to ipv6.google.com and most of the tests seem to work right,
but it's not ideal. I don't want to have to re-determine the gateway
address every time it magically changes.  I haven't learned of any way to
pull it down through any sort of console command.  At least I can say I've
got it 90% of the way there.  And TWC still has no IPv6-only DNS either,
all delivered over IPv4.

So I've got everything working except automatic detection of the default
gateway.  Using "DETECT" in the providers throws an error about not being
able to find the default gateway, even though it's DHCP.  By adding the
default gateway address, it does list an additional route to 'ip -6 route'
for the external interface.

I'll keep searching around for an automated solution, but for now adding a
provider like the following seems to work:

TWC    1       1      -           enp1s0f0    $IPV6_GATEWAY    track